Remote work or Allen, TX
We are looking for a Technical Designer to join our fast-paced team. This person will have a key role in our Design department as a technical designer working on gameplay logic, systems design, and helping build foundational tools/templates for other designers. They will also work closely with Design and Programming to help decide how feature implementation will be done between the two departments.
- 4+ years of programming experience in game development or related field
- 2+ years of game design experience in game development or related field
- Experience on at least one launched or fully completed title
- Passion for games and the process of building them
- In-depth knowledge of several areas of game design and development. Examples include:
- combat and progression systems
- level and encounter design
- AI architecture and behaviors
- animation systems and tools
- Unreal 4 Experience with Blueprints and other engine-based tools (animation systems, behavior trees, etc.)
- Fluency in multiple programming languages, one of which is Unreal Blueprints. Others include C++, C#, Python, LUA, etc.
- Enthusiasm for working on a wide variety of tasks and learning new methods and techniques
- Ability to design and iterate complete gameplay systems (e.g. gear or mob behaviors)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to work closely with team members in other disciplines
- Experience balancing games or working with other complex mathematical systems
- Tool development experience
- Technical writing experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Technical Game Design
Interested in this position? Send us an email with the position title and your personal information and let’s talk!
reach out to us at
You may also like
Our studio continues to expand. We are looking for talented, dedicated people who are interested in building high-quality, fun games. Here is a list of other current openings: